Who to Call
Report the accident as soon as possible by calling 1-800-403-1077.
What to Have
Have the following information at hand:
- Your policy number
- Police report information
- Names and contact information for all parties in your vehicle at the time of the accident
- Your insured vehicle information:
- Year, make, model, and color
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- License plate number
- Description of damages to your vehicle
- Location of your vehicle
- Other vehicles' information if there was more than one vehicle involved:
- Year, make, model and color
- Insurance carrier information
If you don't have all of this information, don't worry. You can still report your claim.
What to Expect
When you call in your claim, we'll collect some particulars from you to set up your claim file. We'll then give you a unique claim number. You will use this claim number in all future communications regarding your claim. We will then assign a claims adjuster to your file who will contact you to discuss the details of your loss.
When reporting your claim, you may need to scan, email, or fax certain documents to your claims adjuster (for example, a copy of the police report, pictures of the damaged property, etc.). If you are unable to do this at home, stop by your nearest Direct Auto Insurance location. While our agents cannot file a claim for you, they can guide you through the process and can forward the documentation to your claims adjuster.
Learn more about our Claims Process. To check on the status of a claim, call 1-800-403-1077 and select option 2.