Paying for your car insurance doesn’t have to be a pain. When you have a car insurance plan from Direct Auto, you have many choices when it comes to paying for better coverage. Check out our rundown of all the different ways we make paying for your auto insurance convenient. Whether online or in-person, we make it work so you get the right amount of coverage with the least amount of hassle.
How to Pay Direct Auto Insurance
There are many ways to pay for your affordable car insurance, and you get to choose which is easiest for you. Choose from these options or work with your local Direct agent to figure out which one is best for you.
- Auto-Pay by Card (Credit or Debit): If you don’t want to worry about getting paper statements, writing checks, and buying postage stamps every month, set up auto-pay online for your insurance bill. If you do not have a debit or credit card, you can apply for a convenient prepaid debit card.
- Pay by Card (Credit or Debit): You can make a one-time payment online by entering your debit card or credit card information into our secure online payment tool. You can also call 1-877-GO-DIRECT and make a payment with your card over the phone.
- Pay by Text:* We’re all about making it convenient to pay, so why not use texting to pay for your insurance? Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a friendly text message reminder three days before your bill is due. Simply text “DA” when you’re ready to pay and your payment data will be transmitted and posted in real time.
- Pay with Cash: If you don’t want to pay for your auto insurance online or over the phone, you can give your cash directly to a representative at a Direct Auto location or visit an alternative payment location in your neighborhood. Or, find your closest Direct Auto office.
- Pay by e-Check: Paying for your affordable car insurance online is a snap with Direct. Pay electronically via our website by entering your policy number, then pay using your checking or savings account.
- Pay at a Direct Kiosk: This option is currently only available to our Tennessee customers. A Direct on the Spot™ kiosk accepts cash and credit/debit cards and allows you to make your monthly payment right at the machine. There are currently Direct Auto Kiosks in Nashville, Dickson, Columbia, Cookeville, McMinnville, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Lebanon, Hermitage, Springfield, and Clarksville, TN. Learn more and find the kiosk nearest you.
Customizing Your Insurance Payment
Direct gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to personalizing a payment plan.** We recognize that every customer has different needs, so we make it possible for you to pay at your own pace. Work with your local Direct Auto representative to set your down payment amount, and your monthly payment amount, and the day you make your payment. When that day comes, you'll have many payment methods to choose from.
**Not all pay plans are available in all states and are subject to terms and conditions.