Consider the full costs of a car accident with Emergency Protection Plans
Car accidents can happen in a matter of seconds but the consequences of an accident might impact your family for days, weeks, months, or even years. There are the expenses you expect, like paying for your car to be repaired. But there are also the expenses you never thought would be a problem, like paying for childcare while you recover in the hospital.
Our Emergency Protection Plans help pay for many of these unexpected costs and provide valuable trip planning services and travel discounts. While varying state to state, our plans generally include:
- Hospital Stay Benefit:This benefit will pay cash directly to you for each day you are in the hospital after an accident. You're free to use that cash however you want, like to help cover your household bills, daycare, or rent.
- Accident Medical Expense Reimbursement: If you need medical attention after an accident, you can get reimbursed up to $1,000 for your out-of-pocket medical expenses, which can help cover medical costs that your auto policy or health insurance do not (like your deductibles).
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment: If you suffer a covered injury, you could get up to $10,000 to help lessen the financial burden after an accident. Or, in the event of a death, this benefit will be paid to your loved ones to help cover burial costs and compensate for loss of income.
- Ambulance Assistance: If your auto accident requires an ambulance ride, this benefit will reimburse you for up to $100 of your ambulance expense.
- Mechanical First Aid: If your car breaks down, this benefit will reimburse you up to $25 for any service call or minor adjustment to your car (not including parts) that will allow it to proceed safely under its own power. For example, you would be reimbursed up to $25 to have your car's battery jumped or the drive belt fixed. (Tire and fluid delivery services excluded.)
- Auto Rental Reimbursement & Lost Personal Effects Coverage: If you're in an auto accident, you could receive funds to offset the expense of a rental car. Even if you have rental coverage under your auto policy, this benefit could provide additional rental coverage for you. You could also get up to $300 to replace items damaged or stolen from a rental vehicle.
- Trip Planning Services & Travel Discounts: If you're in an auto accident, you could receive funds to offset the expense of a rental car. Even if you have rental coverage under your auto policy, this benefit could provide additional rental coverage for you. This also includes up to $300 to replace items damaged or stolen if a rental vehicle is vandalized or in an accident.
Want to purchase an Emergency Protection Plan? Call your Direct agent at 1-877-GO-DIRECT or stop by one of our many locations to find the perfect coverage for you and your family.
Vea esta página en español
Emergency Protection Plans are separate products not all of which are insurance and each is administered through NationSafeDriver, Boca Raton, FL. Auto protection plan not available in MO.