Terms and Conditions for use of this Web Site
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using our web site. Your use of our site indicates your agreement with each of them. Direct reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Please visit this page periodically to check for changes.
Copyrights and Trademarks
Except where otherwise indicated, all materials contained in this web site are the proprietary and Copyrighted property of Direct General Corporation, its affiliated companies and/or third party licensors. The Direct logo, all other service marks and trade names, slogans, and the names of various products and services described within are service marks of Direct General Corporation or its affiliates, all rights reserved. All web site design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof are the exclusive property of the Direct General Group of companies. Permission to use, electronically copy and distribute the information contained on this web site is hereby granted, providing the use is for non-commercial purposes only, that the material is unaltered, and that the Direct copyright notice appears on all copies.
Netspend®, Mastercard®, and any other third party tradenames, product names, service marks, or trademarks used in this web site are the property of their respective trademark owners.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, Direct will not be responsible for any loss, claim, damages, or injuries that accompany or result from your use of our web site whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise. These include, but are not limited to, damages or injury caused by any: use of (or inability to use) the web site; use of (or inability to use) any site to which you hyperlink to or from this web site; failure of performance; error; omission; interruption; defect; delay in operation or transmission; computer virus; or communication line failure. We are not liable for any consequential or incidental damages, which are damages intended to compensate someone directly for a loss or injury, damages reasonably expected to result from a loss or injury, or other miscellaneous damages and expenses resulting directly from a loss or injury. Furthermore, except as provided below, we are not liable even if we have been negligent or if our authorized representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages – or both.
In certain states where the law may not allow us to limit or exclude liability for incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation may not apply. In any event, our liability for all losses, damages, injuries and claims of any kind, whether the damages are claimed under the terms of a contract, or they are claimed to be caused by negligence or other wrongful conduct or any other legal theory, will not be greater than the amount you paid to access our web site.
Our web site and the content and materials therein are provided “as is.” We expressly disclaim any and all express or implied warranties or representations of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to, warranties that: the material is of any particular quality or is fit for a particular purpose; non-infringement; that the functional elements contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free; that defects will be corrected; that our web site, or the servers that make them available, or any e-mail sent from us are free of viruses or other harmful components or conditions; of that information contained in the web site is accurate as of any particular date. We reserve the right to change or terminate all or part of our web site at any time without notice. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the forgoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
Links to Third Party Sites
For your convenience, the Direct web site may contain links to other Internet sites not maintained by Direct. Direct does not endorse, promote or otherwise recommend in any way the products, services or information that may be found through those links. Furthermore, Direct makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to the contents, privacy policies, or products or services offered by such third party sites.
Direct Companies and License Information
As used throughout our web site the term "Direct" or the service mark "DIRECT" refers to the different companies within the Direct General Group of companies. The Direct General Group includes: Our Insurance Companies:
- Direct General Insurance Company (NAIC: 42781). Licensed in: Alabama, California (#5948-5), Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia
- Direct Insurance Company (NAIC:37220). Licensed in: Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Direct General Insurance Company of Louisiana (NAIC:14630). Licensed in: Louisiana
- Direct General Insurance Company of Mississippi (NAIC:10889). Licensed in: Kentucky, Mississippi
- Direct National Insurance Company (NAIC:23736). Licensed in: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Direct General Life Insurance Company (NAIC:97705). Licensed in: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California (#2939-7), Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia
Our Premium Finance Companies:
- Direct General Premium Finance Company. Licensed or otherwise qualified in: Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina and South Carolina
- Direct General Financial Services, Inc. Licensed in: Mississippi and Tennessee
Our Insurance Agencies:
Direct General Insurance Agency, Inc. (d/b/a Direct Auto & Life Insurance)
FL MGA: A300927
TX MGA: 1919020
CA License #0K60659
Right Choice Insurance Agency, Inc. (also d/b/a Direct Auto & Life Insurance and in CA d/b/a Easy Auto Insurance Agency)
CA License #: 0J13166
Our Claims Adjusting Company:
Direct Adjusting Company, Inc.
Our Retail Consumer Products Company:
Direct General Consumer Products, Inc. (also d/b/a Direct Tax Services)
Our products are not available outside the United States or in any jurisdiction in which we are not licensed and writing business and we are not soliciting business in any such jurisdiction. By completing an on-line request for a quote, you are confirming that you are a resident in a state where we do business.
Our product and pay plan availability also varies by state. The insurance coverage provided by us is subject to our insurance underwriting and other guidelines as well as the terms and conditions of the contracts and policies issued in each state. Cost may vary depending on if you choose to purchase online or if you purchase through a live agent.
Our agencies market optional auto/motor/travel club membership products including but not limited to Roadside Assistance and Auto Protection Plans which are provided through Nation Motor Club, LLC d/b/a Nation Safe Drivers 800 Yamato Rd., Boca Raton, FL 33431. Auto Protection Plan is not available in Missouri. Nation Safe Driver is not affiliated with the Direct General Group.
Our product forms are available in English only. Any Non-English advertising is informational only. In the event of a discrepancy between the English version and the non-English version of a document, the English version will be the controlling document.
Commercial auto insurance is produced by Right Choice Insurance Agency, Inc. and Direct General Insurance Agency, Inc. as agents for third party carriers including Titan Indemnity Company, a Nationwide Insurance Company & its affiliates and may not be available in all states.
Homeowners and renters insurance is produced by Right Choice Insurance Agency, Inc. and Direct General Insurance Agency, Inc as agents for third party carriers or managing general agents, including Universal Risk Advisors, Inc.
In certain states, Right Choice Insurance Agency, Inc. and Direct General Insurance Agency, Inc. may also produce private passenger automobile insurance as independent agents for unaffiliated insurance companies or as insurance brokers.
Not all third party products are available in all Direct distribution channels.
If you create an online account with us using our “My Account” option, you agree to the following:
- We are authorized to act on the instructions we receive under your password without any requirement to question or otherwise verify those instructions.
- We are not liable for any unauthorized access to your personal information that is not directly due to our gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
- You acknowledge, understand and agree with our electronic transactions agreement.
- You acknowledge your responsibility to keep your password and other uniquely identifiable information confidential and secret.
- You will notify us immediately and cooperate with us if you believe anyone else has learned your password or if you think anyone has accessed your account without your authorization.
- We may deny access or block any transaction made under your password without prior notice if we believe your password is being used by someone other than you, or if any unauthorized access to your personal information has occurred or may occur, or for any other reason, but we are under no obligation to do so.
Electronic Check and “PAY-by-TEXT” Processing
Mobile Messaging and Email
If you have agreed to receive communications from us via your mobile device or email, you agree that you will be responsible for updating your contact information if it changes and for any fees your wireless service provider charges you for sending and receiving text/data messages. We also do not assume any liability for any losses or damage (a) caused by the disclosure of information to your mobile phone when the phone is another person's possession; or (b) to your data, mobile device, or other equipment unless the damage is directly and solely caused by our gross negligence or willful default. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any claims, losses or costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) if you provided us with a phone number that is not your own or if you violate any applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Remember, you can revoke your consent to receiving email and text messages at any time by notifying us in writing.
Use of this web site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving any effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any dispute concerning this site shall be subject to the exclusive venue of a court of competent jurisdiction in Davidson County, Tennessee. Should any provision of our terms and conditions be held invalid, unlawful, or for any reason unenforceable, the invalid, unlawful or unenforceable provision shall be severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect the enforceability or validity of any remaining provisions.